Keto Chips That Taste Better Than Doritos
Yeah, I’m sure that headline grabbed you.. But…. Can I deliver the goods? Yes, please try out this EASY Keto Chips recipe and tell us what you think.
For the past year or so, I’ve seen my Facebook feed flooded with Keto this and Keto that.. I’ve seen the before and after pictures to become very intrigued.. About 3 months ago, I took the plunge and never looked back. In addition to wanting to lose some weight, I was also concerned about my Pre-Diabetic Blood Sugar levels. Considering, that my family has a history of diabetes, I knew that action must be taken.
Ketogenic Diet to the rescue! The weight loss came relatively easy. I must disclose that in addition to Keto, I have did frequent intermittent fasting along with one 72 hour fast. I strongly consider implementing both to turbo-charge your weight loss results.
How Can I Survive Without the “Crunch Factor”??
When I first began Keto, I didn’t know any recipes and my “menu” consisted of bacon, eggs, avocados, butter, coconut oil, and chicken. For the first few days, it was great.. I mixed and matched, and came up with some surprising tasty homemade recipes.. Then reality started to set in. I miss the “Crunch Factor.” By this I mean, I miss the glorious taste of chips and the actual physical process of biting into something that is crunchy. While, crispy bacon did help, one must not live on bacon alone right?
So, I researched and experimented with various Keto Chips recipe that were cheap and pretty easy. However, it seemed that all I was ever really eating was baked low carb tortilla shells.. The crunch was there, but absent was the ZIP! The tasty pizzaz, the delicious aroma… You get what I mean, right? How could I enjoy chips again, and still be totally keto? There had to be a better way!
Almond Flour Keto Chips Recipe
From prior experience of Keto Bread, I just didn’t see how I’d be able to make a quality chip out of almond flour. Additionally, I didn’t really fall in love with almond flour keto bread either.. In fact, I much prefer coconut flour keto bread in comparison (I’ll post my fav recipe for this as well!).
- Preparation time – 10 Minutes
- Cooking time – 7 minutes
- Servings – 8
- Calories – 143
Ingredients You Will Need :
- Two cups of pre-shredded mozzarella cheese (200g)
- 3/4 cup of almond flour (75g)
- 2 teaspoons of psyllium husk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder, onion powder and paprika (seasoning is optional, and adjustable towards your preference)
(Cutting the Almond Flour into “Soon to Be” Keto Chips)
Preparation directions :
1. Set your oven to 180 Celsius or 356 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Add the shredded mozzarella cheese to a microwave safe bowl and melt in microwave. If you would prefer you can use a non stick pot to melt the cheese with.
3. Add in the two cups of almond flour and the psyllium husk, and seasonings.
4. Mix until thoroughly combined.
5. Kneed until you have a smooth dough type texture.
6. Separate the dough into 2 balls and place one ball onto a baking sheet / parchment paper and place the other ball onto a 2nd baking sheet. Roll the dough as thinly as you can. The thinner that you can get the dough, the crispier your keto chips will be.
7. Cut into dorito shaped triangles using a pizza cutter.
8. Spread the triangles out onto the baking sheet, taking caution for them not to touch.
Baking directions :
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until the chips are browned on the edges. The baking time can vary, according to how thin you were able to roll the dough.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Why This Keto Chips Recipe Stands Above the Rest
If your familiar with “Fathead Dough” recipes, it’s basically a nut flour and shredded cheese. This makes for a great pizza crust recipe, but it just doesn’t “cut it” for Keto Chips. The chips will turn crack and either get too brittle if you spread it thin enough or just not have the texture of a chip if its thicker.
By adding the psyllium husks, it helps to bind the dough together.. After you cut the dough into chips it creates a stronger bond. Your able to spread it thinner and it cooks much better. It gives you the true chip type of feel and you will be totally satisfied with the “Crunch Factor.”
Psllium Tip! If your going to use psyllium POWDER, make sure not to use more than 2 teaspoons because the dough will become too firm.
Be sure to use parchment paper.. Baking sheets really do come in handy when making Keto recipes. This is especially true when your making Keto Chips!
Tip #2 – Get wild with your Keto Chips.. Everyone has a particular taste. If you love spicy, then you can add some spice… If you have “salty tooth”, then you can adjust accordingly. If you love guacamole you can easily make keto friendly guacamole dip with avocados that you likely have handy! If you truly want these keto chips to taste better than Doriotos then adjust them to the taste that really rocks your world.
When you tweak this recipe towards your personal tastes then you won’t ever miss Doritos anymore. What makes the Ketogenic Diet so great is that you can enjoy really good food.. You can find alternative ways to make all of those delicious dishes that are full of carbs and are unhealthy for you. There is no reason to fall off the wagon, when you have no desire for foods like chips or pizza.. Make them the Keto way and you will go a long way and you will meet and surpass all of your weight loss, and personal health goals you have made for yourself!
You may also enjoy :
So, did you try this easy Keto Chips recipe? Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment below.
Also, while I have you here for a moment. Please Like “Healthy Body Hacks” on Facebook. While, we do talk a lot about Keto, we also share personal body hacks to help improve your health. It’s like having a little personal cheat sheet to help you get past the hurdles that have been a stumbling block for you in the past!